A MEGA Man Exclusive: Ez Mil Reveals How He Landed the Deal with Eminem and Dr. Dre

In an exclusive interview with MEGA Man, Fil-Am rapper Ez Mil shares how he scored the epic contract with Eminem and Dr. Dre, and gives fans a glimpse of what it’s like to collaborate with the two rap legends

In a moment that sent waves of excitement through the veins of his Filipino and international audiences, the rapper surprised the music industry as he announced his signing with the record labels of the legendary powerhouses of the rap scene, Eminem and Dr. Dre. Last week, he amped up the buzz by surprisingly dropping his newest track, “Realest,” which boasts a collaboration with Eminem himself.

Photography: AZRIEL BALMACEDA

In an exclusive interview with MEGA Man, Ez Mil shared the story behind securing a coveted collaboration with the rap icons and hinted at the thrilling prospects that lie ahead in his flourishing career.

RELATED: Fil-Am Rapper Ez Mil Joins Eminem and Dr. Dre’s Labels, and Here is What to Expect

Inked by legends

According to Dr. Dre and Eminem, it became clear from the get-go that the tunes of the Filipino rapper possessed a charm that simply couldn’t be ignored. Their instincts kicked into high gear, convincing them to swiftly secure his talent under their labels.

However, from Ez Mil’s perspective, every single thing came as a complete surprise. “Well, at first, I was told to go to a meeting, not knowing who I’d be meeting with at that time. When we finally met, it was pretty insane. I couldn’t believe it,” he recalled. “Sir Dre greeted me with a handshake and a ‘Hello, Superstar,’ and Marshall was in the back of the studio, and he just shouted, ‘Ezekiel! Where have you been for the past 20 years? Oh right, you were 4,’ and we just laughed it up. The rest is history.”

Beyond success

“To me, it’s not just an achievement. It’s a dream come true.”

He couldn’t contain his feelings of joy as he expressed that his journey thus far has been nothing short of extraordinary. “They’ve been really supportive and kind,” the artist shared. 

Working side by side with Eminem

Photography: LITRATO DE LALA

Fans everywhere were absolutely thrilled when he dropped his latest track featuring Eminem on August 4th. In an interesting revelation, Ez Mil shared that he had already worked on “Realest” even before he met with Dr. Dre and Eminem. “The story [kind of] goes like this: I already had made the beat before knowing it was Dr. Dre and Eminem that we were [going to] meet. In light of all [that was] happening, I just thought to myself [that] I had to bring whatever I can with me to show them, and I had brought that beat, too,” the rapper disclosed.

In a press release, the Filipino artist highlighted how influential the rap legend had been on his career even before they met. “Eminem’s been an inspiration to me growing up. This song means a lot to me because my biggest dream was to watch Eminem perform live, and for me to have a track with him is beyond crazy, and I’m always going to be grateful,” he expressed.

Eminem also proudly showcased the latest track from the Filipino rapper on his Instagram, accompanied by a caption stating, “Allow me to introduce you to @ezekielmiller in the REALEST possible way!!!”

Post-signing perspectives

Photography: VARON PANGANIBAN

“More music—definitely more music.” This was the artist’s response when asked about his forthcoming projects. His highly anticipated album, DU4LI7Y: REDUX, is scheduled to drop on August 11 and it will feature four new tracks, including “Podium,” “Coin$,” “The Long Run,” and “Realest,” alongside tracks from last year’s DU4LI7Y. The 11-song tracklist was curated by none other than Eminem himself.

Embracing culture through rhymes

The rapper said that he will always be proud of his Filipino heritage and will strive tirelessly to bring pride to his people, regardless of what he accomplishes in the future.

“I always bring the Filipino culture with me, especially that warrior spirit, and I intend to keep the fight up with my music as I go on with my career.”

His passion for his Filipino roots is apparent in all that he does. On August 2nd, the artist was also given the opportunity to publicly show this sense of pride by tossing out the first pitch during the Filipino Heritage Night for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

His melodic message of pride

Photography: AZRIEL BALMACEDA

Although Ez Mil’s rise to fame was far from smooth, he encouraged the young Filipino rappers to persist in working toward their goals. The artist stated, “Keep pursuing your dreams. Don’t ever give up on it. Ipagpatuloy niyo lang.” In a short yet deeply meaningful statement, the Filipino rap artist concluded our conversation with the words, “Salamat po sa inyong lahat. I hope I make you proud.”

Featured Image: AZRIEL BALMACEDA
Photos: EZ MIL (via Instagram)

The post A MEGA Man Exclusive: Ez Mil Reveals How He Landed the Deal with Eminem and Dr. Dre appeared first on MEGA.



A MEGA Man Exclusive: Ez Mil Reveals How He Landed the Deal with Eminem and Dr. Dre
Source: Insta News Pinoy

Post a Comment

0 Comments