The Echarri Effect: Kyle Echarri on What it Takes to Become a Gen-Z Leading Man

Kyle Echarri is one of this generation’s favorite heartthrobs. Now, with his upcoming role in Pamilyang Sagrado as Moises Malozo, he is transforming into something more: the up-and-coming ultimate leading man

This is an excerpt from MEGA July 2024 MEGA Man story.

It’s a busy day at the shoot location: photographers setting up, writers heading to their designated areas, and stylists preparing the looks for the layout. But as the young actor arrives, there is a major energy shift — with no exemption, everyone in the room is blushing over the ever-charming Kyle Echarri. “He looks so cool, I just can’t explain it!” someone in the room, overcome in the moment, exclaimed. And from there we knew: it must be the Echarri Effect.

RELATED: King of Rizz: Rhys Miguel Eugenio on What Makes a New-Gen Heartthrob 

MEGA Man JULY 2024 featuring Kyle Echarri in a full Bang Pineda look
MEGA Man JULY 2024 featuring Kyle Echarri in a full Bang Pineda look

Sure enough, it comes with being one of the hottest young actors who made a big impression for the past years. Echarri’s IMDb reveals a list of series and movies he became a part of such as Seven Sundays, Kadenang Ginto, and Senior High. Now, he is gearing up for his new role in Pamilyang Sagrado, where he will star alongside Tirso Cruz III, Piolo Pascual, and Grae Fernandez.

“Moises Malozo is one of the most wholesome characters I have portrayed,” Echarri says, admiringly. “At the same time, I know that a lot can resonate with his personality—the kind na kahit ang daming nangyayari sa kanyang masama (even after all the bad things he’s been through), he’ll always choose to be the better person. And I guess one big thing that people can watch for is how much this character goes through but still wears a smile.”

To prepare for this role, the young actor attended different workshops including a Tagalog class at the University of the Philippines to capture the voice and diction of his character. “This is my biggest project yet,” he shares. “There is the pressure to do really well.”

And Echarri enjoys the pressure. “It’s one of the best things that I’ve learned from my dad at an early age: to work better under pressure. I could remember my mom telling me to stop reading the negative comments about me, but I still do because I want to prove them wrong. But as years passed, I don’t even just want to prove them wrong, I also want to prove myself right—na kaya ko (I can do it) and I can be good.”

Kyle Echarri in a Bang Pineda piece from the State of Bang collection
Kyle Echarri in a Bang Pineda piece from the State of Bang collection

Despite his success, the young actor is not shy to admit that acting wasn’t his first love. “It’s always singing,” he smiles, reminiscing on his stint at a singing competition and how it became a tool for the management to see his potential. “Two days after The Voice Kids Philippines, I auditioned for On the Wings of Love. I was really young at that time, so everything was shocking for me. Pero habang tumatagal, napapamahal na talaga sa akin yung acting simula nung binigyan nila ako ng chance para patunayan sa sarili ko. (But as time went on, I grew to love acting ever since they gave me the chance to prove myself.) ”

One thing is for sure: Echarri is grateful. “They have always put their faith in me,” he says. “And to think, they have always been there for me through thick and thin— providing me opportunities and projects to grow as a solo artist. And with that, I just keep falling more in love with my craft.” 


Read more about how Kyle Echarri is bringing life to a modern leading man, as well as his best-kept routines in MEGA’s July 2024 issue, now available on Readly, Magzter, Press Reader and Zinio.

Photographed by DARYL NACARIO. Creative direction by JONES PALTENG. Grooming by MYCKE ARCANO. Styled by AARON MANGSAT. Written by MARA GO. Fashion Direction RYUJI SHIOMITSU assisted by BITHIA REYES. Sittings Editor STEF JUAN

The post The Echarri Effect: Kyle Echarri on What it Takes to Become a Gen-Z Leading Man appeared first on MEGA.



The Echarri Effect: Kyle Echarri on What it Takes to Become a Gen-Z Leading Man
Source: Insta News Pinoy

Post a Comment

0 Comments