Coming of Age: Kendra Kramer Keeps Her Youth Close to Her Heart

In her day-to-day life, Kendra Kramer looks forward to the future while focusing on the present

It’s not a secret that, as kids, we wanted nothing more than to grow up and finally live the adult life that our parents and teachers kept telling us about. We were all so excited to live on our own, explore the journeys of the jobs we wanted, and maybe even enter the world of parenthood. To put it simply, it was all we could look forward to when we were younger.

Fast forward to the present and we realize how quickly time has gone by, and we regret not appreciating our teenage years to the fullest. This is why Kendra Kramer wants to savor every minute of every single day before it all changes in the blink of an eye. The 14-year-old starlet shared to MEGAStyle that she has the rest of her life ahead of her, so why rush?

Pre-teen daze

Giving us a glimpse of her personality when she was younger, Kendra immediately talked about fashion, proving that she’s a stylish girlie through and through. And having a sister by her side meant matching clothes with Scarlett, thanks to their mom, Chesca. From similar shades to mirroring designs, this went on for a few years until she was around eight to nine years old when the desire to style herself finally kicked in.

“It was really fun for a while until I wanted to kind of have my own style and my own fashion sense, so I told my mom that I wanted to experience some new things [in terms of fashion]. I started styling myself and trying to find what fashion I like to do or what style I’m gonna go with.”

Apart from reading and keeping items that bring nostalgia, Kendra also shared her love for swimming and how it grew to more than just a hobby since she is even part of her school’s varsity swim team. Talk about a sporty girl with a passion for fashion!

Bringing the past to the present

Growing up may mean thinking ahead and preparing for the future, but the young social media influencer prioritizes focusing on the present while recognizing the changes that have happened in her life as she matures. “My hobbies [from when I was younger] are still the same, but now, I’m a full-time student [and also] kind of a part-time model, [apart from] working with my family. It’s hard to balance it out sometimes, but I’m doing well so far.”

“Every time I look back on my old photos when I was younger, I always remember how I was before and just try to be that same person.”

Not only that, but Kendra also emphasized the importance of staying in touch with one’s younger self when growing up, whether it’s through interests or personality traits. And when asked what she loved then that she still holds onto now, she excitedly brought us into her hobby of collecting stuffed toys. “Ever since I was young, I’ve been a really big stuffed toy girl, so whenever I collect stuffed toys, it reminds me of my younger self and what I used to enjoy. I find collecting stuffed toys a bit sentimental, [and] I don’t think that’s something I can let go. It’s already a part of me.”

Maturing with social media

As someone who’s literally growing up as social media does, Kendra is completely aware of the fact that it can be both advantageous and dangerous at the same time, which is why she acknowledges the purpose of having a big platform and aims to use it only for good. As a 14-year-old girl, having millions of supporters can get daunting, but the eldest of the Team Kramer siblings wants nothing more than to be a role model, especially to kids her age. She believes that she has a sense of responsibility to her followers and she plans on taking advantage of that to the best of her abilities. Who would’ve thought that someone so young could have so much wisdom?

Cool for school

As much as we would want to stay young and carefree, change is an inevitable part of life, and it’s then up to us to figure out how to live it to the fullest. For Kendra, making the most out of her time in school, especially coming from a homeschool set up for years, is the goal. This is why she’s part of a number of teams, from varsity swimming to the school choir, which is something she has never done before. Now, she’s competing with other teams and maturing into a multifaceted woman.

While this change may have been an exciting adjustment, it was an adjustment nonetheless. She shared that when she was homeschooled, their teacher really got to focus on each of the three siblings. There was constant guidance and communication, which was a big advantage. However, what Kendra also loves about actually attending school is being able to meet new people and mingle with friends constantly.

“In school, there are different kinds of people, and you just need to find friends that are good for you, friends that encourage you, and friends that love you and bring the best out of you.”

Tried and tested

Like many of us, Kendra also has her non-negotiables when it comes to fashion and beauty. The young model shared that she discovered her personal style during her pre-teen years before developing it even further when she turned 14 just a couple months ago. This fashion evolution consists of a lot of dresses since that’s her favorite piece of clothing, apart from heels or any type of shoe that gives her height. 

“I usually go with what’s trending, but at the same time, I make it my own style by adding a touch of me.”

Meanwhile, in terms of beauty, whether in the realm of makeup or skincare, she immediately reached for her sunscreen from Luxe Organix, calling it her “favorite ever product” that protects her skin and keeps her freckles at bay. She also loves a good blush that stays on her cheeks for hours on end, and even joked, “I get really pale sometimes and if I don’t have blush [on], I’m gonna look like a ghost.”

Take the moment and taste it

It’s inevitable that when we think about the past, it also means imagining what the future might look like. For Kendra, who’s still very eager to learn new things and take life day by day, just wants to become a better version of who she is now. Sure, activities like commercials, voice acting, and even doing something for a makeup brand are in her list of dream projects, but focusing on her personal development is the most important—from gaining more wisdom to improving her patience.

And the advice she hopes her future self would hold on to? “Don’t overthink things. Take things lightly and take it one step at a time.” Now isn’t that just something all of us should take to heart? Whether we’re talking about the past, the present, or the future.


Photography JERICK SANCHEZ, assisted by KARL RIMANDO and JASPER ALBANO
Creative Direction BRIE VENTURA
Fashion and Beauty Direction MIKA REYES
Styling TEAM RAINXEM
Makeup JUSTINE NAVATO
Hair JAY WEE
Nails LUZ FORTUNO and SAM CORBILLON of TRIPLE LUCK BROW AND NAIL SALON
Sittings Editor PEACHES GARCIA
Video Producer REGINA ACERON
Videography KIERAN PUNAY
Shoot Coordination ERICA LUNA, TONI MENDOZA, and MAE TALAID

All outfits from STORE CLEREN

The post Coming of Age: Kendra Kramer Keeps Her Youth Close to Her Heart appeared first on MEGA.



Coming of Age: Kendra Kramer Keeps Her Youth Close to Her Heart
Source: Insta News Pinoy

Post a Comment

0 Comments