Michelle Dee Shares Her Mental Health Journey and Lessons Learned Through Acting

In a MEGA Entertainment exclusive, Michelle Dee talks about taking care of her mental health throughout her journey, learning pageant skills through acting, and becoming the next Miss Universe

As she accommodated another quick question on the left and a photo opportunity on the right while press and media representatives flocked to her yesterday, it seemed like Michelle Dee was truly just waiting for the Miss Universe crown. But that observation came minus the “sitting pretty” picture we have of those who reign. Instead, she talks, walks, and walks the talk on mental health, autism, and her overall growth everywhere she goes, including her send-off party with the media. 

RELATED: Michelle Dee’s 5 Secrets to the Miss Universe Crown

Michelle Dee is ready for Miss Universe with her advocacy on mental health
Michelle towers through everything with her grace under pressure

“We are 200% ready,” she assured everyone, not with a tone of arrogance, but of commitment. Who will be the MMD at the Miss Universe competition? She answered, “Well, she is brave—definitely fearless—but obviously very kind and friendly as well. I will be coming there ready, full of love and gratitude, and I hope to be the best representative of the Philippines for this.”

Making the mind matter

Giving emphasis on the mind’s importance in one’s health, Michelle extends her primary advocacy on autism awareness to holistic health, with an emphasis on caring for the brain.

“I learned the hard way back when I was just starting my career that if your mind isn’t in sync with your body, then you really can’t execute what you want to do,” she began explaining. “I know the feeling of being over fatigued, I know the feeling of what can happen when I don’t take care of my mind.”

Michelle Dee advocates for mental health in her Miss Universe journey
MMD has learned to prioritize mental health the hard way

Back in May, the Miss Universe Philippines shed light on the challenges that she faced before her glorious crowning moment. From taking care of two households and being held responsible for her family, she was also taping for a show on her home network, GMA. She spent her 27th birthday in a hospital, under surgery for uncontrollable bleeding. “I do consider last year one of the hardest years of my life,” Marquez Dee answered with all honesty. “So, just the fact that I was able to power through this year, it’s definitely because of the fact that I know how to balance what’s important, that I know where to put my energy. That resonates with me up until now, because it’s been an amazing ride. But again, it’s not all perfect.” 

Michelle Marquez Dee keeps herself healthy for Miss Universe
The beauty queen faces life head on with a healthier state of mind

Sharing her process of meditating and being in tune with the mind, a lesson she learned from her father, Michelle assured the press of her wellbeing. “I can honestly say that my mental health is [in] one of [its] best positions. That’s a product of just being in tune with myself, being in tune with what needs to be done as well.”

Learning through acting

Before entering the pageant scene, Michelle initially had her eyes set on the world of show business. Revealing her introverted personality, she told MEGA Entertainment, “I used to be very, I wouldn’t say aloof, but I love working behind the camera. Photography, videography, [they were] my biggest passions since I was young. When I first started dabbling into this industry, I knew first off that I wasn’t ready to be on stage. I didn’t have that confidence.” 

MMD best actress 36th PMPC Star Awards for Movies
Michelle aces the pageant scene through her learned acting lessons

In 2021, her dedication towards acting was validated. She bagged the “Best New Movie Actress” award at the 36th Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) Star Awards. According to her, it was acting that stirred her confidence. “I learned how to act in front of the camera. Being vulnerable and speaking my mind, [they transitioned] over to the pageant stage as well, where I was really able to let that confidence come.” 

Michelle Dee is ready for Miss Universe
Michelle Dee is introspective with her Miss Universe journey

When the going gets tough, the beauty queen keeps standing through grace. Her mother, 1979 Miss International Melanie Marquez, holds her hand through everything. Taking all these lessons with her, Michelle finds herself conquering every challenge that the world, the universe, rather, throws at her.

Photos: MICHELLE DEE (via Instagram)
Featured Image: MEGA ARCHIVES

The post Michelle Dee Shares Her Mental Health Journey and Lessons Learned Through Acting appeared first on MEGA.



Michelle Dee Shares Her Mental Health Journey and Lessons Learned Through Acting
Source: Insta News Pinoy

Post a Comment

0 Comments